Thank you for visiting the site! Can you believe we’ll be bidding farewell to 2015 soon? This year has been full of great opportunities, partnerships, connections and most importantly: lessons on the process of “becoming” and evolving.
I enjoyed wonderful highs, some of which included:
* the #SincerelyChosen finale (We did 14 shows straight! Now, all eyes are season 2 slated for on Jan. 2016!)
* continuing as co-founder of the 3rd Annual Women in Media Philly
* returning as member of the planning committee for the Forbes Under 30 Summit
* volunteering for various Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists programming
* serving as presenter for the 1st Annual RAD Awards presented by PHL RAD GIRLS
* partnering with Pier Entertainment on both UP-Close Live and The Soundcheck Series and…
* returning as the media partner for The Rise of the Artrepreneur Presents: Unleash the Beast Art Series and more…
Not to mention some of the awesome speaking keynote engagements for:
* the Girl Scouts of Easter Pennsylvania
* Delaware Valley Charter High School’s senior graduation
* Universal Companies Pearls of Wisdom and From Boys to Men Closing Ceremony
* Mrs. Mommy United Presents: Hidden Treasure, A Woman’s Empowerment Workshop & Networking Event and…
* Rising Queen’s “Young Ladies on the Rise” Mentoring Weekend (I’ll be back in November too so register the special young women you love for it!)
And as life will always have it, with great blessings come great challenges.
One of the hardest blows this year was my grandmother’s transition to life beyond the physical on June 30th. After having to say goodbye to her, my grandfather, uncle and my god-daughter within the past two years, there was a lot of internal healing that needed to take place and still is. In addition to that I’ve faced challenges building my business (it comes with the territory), strengthening my brand, perfecting the entrepreneurial style, being there for those I love, balancing motherhood and work, and refining my vision for the future.
Thankfully, the highs and the lows permitted the opportunity to learn more about myself and develop a better understanding of my purpose. This year, perhaps more than any other, was a clear reminder that every single day we are “becoming”. I’ve developed a habit of examining my actions each day and asking myself three things and answering very honestly:
1. Who are you becoming?
2. What are you becoming?
3. Do you want to continue on this path?
Whenever I realized that I couldn’t or didn’t like who or what I was becoming, and the path that I was on, I made a decision and followed through with action. Accountability not just to myself, but to those I love and serve kept me growing and pushing through tough times. Believing that everyday held a purpose for my life allowed me to rise through it all with grace and humility.
I hope you’ve had a moment to stop and reflect on all of your accomplishments and growth thus far. If you haven’t, it’s time to. I’ll take a page from Kriss Mincey’s meditation workshop and encourage you to write a list of 10 things that you are grateful for; I’ll add to it by challenging you to review it on New Year Eve, and three months thereafter, to see if anything has changed. Look for signs of growth in the things that you are grateful for.
Anywho, this year has been one of transformation. I count myself blessed to be able to say that after all that has taken place, I love who I am and who I’m becoming. I hope that you’re able to say the same and if you’re not, just know that each and every day you have a choice to become the best or the worst version of yourself.
I pray you’ll always choose your best and forgive yourself at your worst…because when all is said and done, they’re both a part of your truth and your purpose.
Thank you for joining me on the journey thus far. I look forward to continuing to experience it with you for decades to come…
Be empowered today and EVERY day of your life, and always remember to: Empathize, Empower & Evolve!